AKA Chocolate Chirp Cookies
Did you know Don Bugito produces and sells cricket flour?
So, What IS cricket flour?
Cricket flour, also known as cricket protein powder, made from 100% ground crickets and may be the next “it” protein, giving another healthy option along with other trendy grain-free alternatives such as almond and coconut flour.
To top it off, cricket flour is also a rich source of calcium, iron, potassium, vitamin B12, B2, and essential fatty acids. Even though beef is a good source of iron and other minerals, crickets are richer in a host of bio-available nutrients, allowing the body to more efficiently utilize these nutrients.
Onto the Cookies!!
✌️🌼 Perfectly Chewy + Crunchy Chocolate Chirp Cookies 🌼✌️
(follow #tastytuesday on IG for more)
1/2 cup organic unbleached all-purpose flour
1/4 cup Don Bugito cricket flour
1/2 cup organic rolled oats
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 cup organic unsalted butter (room temperature)
3/4 cup organic coconut palm sugar
1 organic jumbo egg (room temperature)
1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
1 cup organic dark chocolate chips
Fleur de sel, for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Line a 9 x 12 cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, sift together the all-purpose flour, cricket flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together the butter, coconut sugar, egg, and vanilla bean paste until light and fluffy.
4. Add the flour mixture to the creamed butter and coconut sugar and beat again until the flour is just mixed in.
5. Remove the mixing bowl from the stand mixer and fold in the chocolate chips.
6. Scoop the dough onto the prepared cookie sheets, leaving 1-2 inches of space between each scoop.
7. Bake for 10-11 minutes, until the edges of the cookies are a bit golden.
8. Remove from the oven, sprinkle with fleur de sel, and allow the cookies to cool completely on the cookie sheets.